Prof. Dr. Ulrich Riegel - Publications
A list of all publications can be found here.
A sample of recent publications in English:
- Video Analysis. Opening the Black Box of Teaching Religious Education, in: Schweitzer F. & Boschki R. (eds.): Researching Religious Education. Classroom Processes and Outcomes, Münster 2018, 117-129.
- How do German RE teachers deal with truth claims in a pluralist classroom setting? [with E. Leven], in: Journal of Religious Education (2017, 1-12 (doi: 10.2017/s40839-017-0034-8).
- Experiencing churches as spiritual and religious places: a study on children's emotions in church buildings during scholastic field trips [with K. Kindermann], in: British Journal of Religious Education 20(2016)10, 1-11 (doi: 10.1080/01416200.2016.1209458).
- The Impact of Participatory Learning on Attitude. A Quasi-Experimental Study in Gemran Primary Schools [with K. Kindermann], in:Journal of Empirical Theology 29(2016)1, 1-23.
- The Impact of Participatory Learning on Attitude. A Quasi-Experimental Study in Gemran Primary Schools [with K. Kindermann], in:Journal of Empirical Theology 29(2016)1, 1-23
- Why leave the classroom? How field trips to the church affect cognitive learning outcomes, in: Learning & Instruction 41, 106-114 [DOI: 10.1016/j.learninstruc.2015.10.004].
- Tracing Informal Religious Learning. Children's Expertise about Church Buildings [with K. Kindermann], in: International Journal of Pracitcal Theology 19(2015)1, 122-137.
- What should RE in Germany be about and how does religiosity fit into this picture? [with H. Mendl], in: Journal of Beliefs and Values 35(2014)2, 165-174.
- Holiday instead of Holy Day? A qualitative inquiry on the spiritual quality of people's acitivities on Sunday, in: Journal of Empirical Theology 26 (2013), 207-22.