Information for hosts
You will find a checklist here, which summarises the most important steps for preparing for the arrival of your guest in Siegen.
You will also find information on the invitation letter below:
Letters of invitation
Guests from non-EU States usually require a written invitation from the host institution for them to recieve a visa, the invitation should contain the following information:
- Personal data of the invited guest
- Exact dates and duration of stay
- Designation of the activity or the purpose of the stay and the status (visiting scientist) at the University of Siegen
- Details of host (Name, Department, Faculty)
- if information is available, information on the financing of the stay (for example, employment contract, scholarship)
- if applicable, information on whether and, if so, what costs will be covered by the host
- If applicable, information on further services during the stay: Will a workplace be provided?
- EVidence that the guest will have adequate insurance coverage