Counselling for Postdocs
The HYT offers individual counselling to postdoctoral researchers and helps with all questions that may arise during this phase of their academic career. In a personal, confidential conversation, for example, the following topics can be discussed:
- Do I want to continue working in science after my doctorate and what opportunities do I have?
- When does a "Habilitation" make sense?
- How do I apply for a (junior) professorship?
- Which areas in my career portfolio should be further strengthened?
- How can I build up my own research biography?
- What are the options for funding my own position?
- What do I have to keep in mind regarding the “Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (WissZeitVG)”?
- How can I use my scientific skills in other professional fields outside the university system?
- What "transferable skills" have I acquired during my academic career and how can I make them visible in my career portfolio?