Dr. Daniel Müller
Leiter des House of Young Talents
+49 271 740-5079
Titia Hensel M.A.
+49 271 740-2733
+49 271 740-5505
Dr. Marcus Niechciol
+49 271 740-2502
Counselling for Prospective Doctoral Researchers
The HYT offers individual counselling to Master's students interested in pursuing a doctorate and helps with all questions that may arise during this phase. In a personal, confidential conversation, for example, the following topics can be discussed:
- Is a doctorate something for me after all?
- What are the formal requirements I need to fulfil (admission, enrolment, supervision agreement, etc.)?
- What are the personal qualifications that I need to have or that I have to acquire?
- How do I find a suitable topic for my doctoral project?
- How do I write a convincing proposal?
- How do I find a supervisor for my doctoral project?
- How do I finance my doctoral project?
- How do I plan and finance a stay abroad during my doctorate?
- Which career opportunities are there within and outside the university?