Hinweise zum Einsatz der Google Suche
Personensuchezur unisono Personensuche
Veranstaltungssuchezur unisono Veranstaltungssuche
Katalog plus
International Students

Eva Grottschreiber

Contact by email
AR-SSC 119

Laura Yilmaz

Contact by email
AR-SSC 113

Please just contact one of the above

Career Support & Voluntary Work

Alicia Platt

Contact by email
AR-SSC 113

End of Studies

Graduation 860x280  

Studies in Siegen

Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
Transcript of Records 
As soon as the last achievement has been booked, your examination office (Prüfungsamt) will issue you with a transcript of records and a certificate of successful completion of your studies. The transcript of records contains all academic achievements that you have registered with your examination office during the semester and successfully completed at the end of the semester.

If you leave your place of residence before receiving your certificate, please remember to send the examination office a valid address and e-mail address.
Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
Request for De-Registration

At the end of your studies you have to de-enrol and thus de-register with the University of Siegen. Complete the request for de-registration (Antrag auf Exmatrikulation) available on Formularcenter, get the confirmations of relevant departments and submit the form at the Department STARTING in room AR-SSC 001.

You might need a confirmation of de-registration to terminate your health insurance and you will have to provide it, if you plan to study at another (German) university. 

Current Information (COVID-19)

If you wish to request de-registration, fill in the application for de-registration (student ID number, name, date of departure, address in your home country) and sign the form. Confirmations (stamps and signatures) by the university library and the property managers are no longer required.

Send a digital copy of the signed application to registration@zv.uni-siegen.de . Send the hard copy and your semester ticket by mail to the International Registrar's Office:

University of Siegen
Department STARTING
International Registrar's Office
57068 Siegen


Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox

Once you complete your studies at the University of Siegen you are an alumni of the Unviersity of Siegen. This allows you to join the network Alumniverbund and stay in touch with other alumni and students of the University of Siegen. The Alumniverbund is delighted to have you join them and share your experience and academic and professional career. Further Information 

Stay in Siegen

 Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
Enter working life

When you've completed your studies successfully, you have the qualification to enter the German job market. There are various possibilities to get help in the region or the whole country in order to find a job. You can find some tips on the homepage of the project SieguVer.

Residence permit:
After successful graduation in Germany, you can get a residence permit for job search up to 18 months. You just have to prove that you are able to cover your living costs on your own. Please ask for further information at the Foreigners' Registration Office.

Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
Terminate your Rental Agreement

You need to terminate your lease before you move out. In Germany you must usually give your landlord a
three-month written notice to end tenancy. Check your lease agreement for terms of notice.

Current Information (COVID-19):

Currently, the three-month termination period still applies. If you terminate the rental agreement for your apartment or room and move out before the end of the three-months period, you must pay the rent for these three months. This also applies to students who live in a residence hall of the Student Services Organization Siegen (Studierendenwerk Siegen). 

Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
Cancel Health Insurance Policy and other Contracts

Notify your health insurance provider in good time when your studies in Siegen will end and check with your provider which documents might be required to cancel your health insurance policy (e.g. Confirmation of De-Registration). If you plan to stay in Germany, please check which insurance suits best your needs.

If you leave Germany, remember to cancel all other contracts you entered into (gas, electricity, internet, mobile phone) and check the terms of notice. 

Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
Close Bank Account

Before you close your bank account, review your bank statements to determine all relevant payments. Make sure you settled all invoices and contact your bank or Sparkasse branch if you need help or assistance.


Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
De-Registeration at the City Office

Before  your  departure  you  need  to  de-register  one  week  prior  to  your  date  of  departure. Remember to bring you passport. Forms for the De-Registration (Abmeldung bei der Meldebehörde) are available online or on site. 

Current Information (COVID-19)

Currently you need an appointment for the visit of the city offices (Bürgerbüro): https://www.terminland.de/stadtsiegen/. Though, you can also de-register via post mail. Forms for the de-registration of residence are available on the website of the respective city office (German only). You find notes of guidance in the Downloads section of our website.

Students who live in Siegen, Siegen-Weidenau, Siegen-Geisweid, or Siegen-Eiserfeld can find the form for the de-registration of residence on the web site of the City of Siegen.

Fill in the form and sign it. Send the form and a copy of your passport by mail to the city office (Bürgerbüro) or put the documents (in an envelope!) in the mailbox of the town hall. You can find the addresses of Siegen citiy offices (Siegen,Siegen-Weidenau, Siegen-Geisweid, Siegen-Eiserfeld) on the website of the City of Siegen.