Kreisgesundheitsamt, Rettungsdienst und Krankenhäuser in Siegen-Wittgenstein haben sich auf ein mögliches Auftreten des Coronavirus vorbereitet. Zentrale Anlaufstelle für Patientinnen und Patienten mit einem Verdacht auf Infizierung mit dem neuen Grippevirus ist das Kreisklinikum in Siegen-Weidenau.
Corona information portal
Information from the university management - Transitional operation & preview of the winter semester
The University of Siegen is currently in transitional operation and has opened the " Lifeworld University" carefully and deliberately controlled.
For further steps, especially with a view to the coming winter semester, the university management would like to give all university members planning security as early as possible after a discussion in the Senate.
- The hygiene and infection protection rules will be updated until September 20th, 2020, you can find them here.
- In the event that members of the University of
Siegen have tested positive for corona or there is a
suspicion of infection,
we have set up a hotline on the following number: +49 (0) 271/740-5555.
The detailed procedure for cases of infection or suspicion can be found here (german language).
- With regard to courses, the
regulations of June 16th, 2020 (regulations
for attendance courses - german language) are
extended until further notice.
Update 09-23-2020 1 pm
For all events and exams it is mandatory to record the contact details of all participants. The registration is to be done electronically via QR codes. Under the following links you will find instructions on how to create QR codes (Instructions for teachers / Instructions for students - both in german language). If the electronic registration is not possible, the contact data will be registered via printed lists (german language).
- The regulations for working in the corona pandemic dated September 10th, 2020 can be found here (german language).
- The regulations for working in classroom, home office and for members of risk groups (german language) of May 27th, 2020 wil be extended until September 30th, 2020.
Please also take note of the following points:
- Meeting in small groups for "work-related meetings" is possible. The corresponding guideline (german language) apply to the holding of internal university committee meetings (e.g. faculty councils, appointment committees, commissions, etc.). It always applies that all participants are registered and the lists are to be submitted to the Dean's Office. There they are to be stored under lock and key for four weeks and then destroyed.
- For the services of the University
Library the regulations of the transitional
operation also continue to apply. In view of the
examination phase from July 13th, 2020, the opening
hours of TB-US will be extended to between 9:00 am and
6:00 pm (Monday through Friday).
Current information can be found here (german language).
- Information on business trips, especially on travelling abroad, can be found here.
- All university buildings will remain closed, initially until October 26th, 2020.
- Information on scientific events can be found here.
- For all courses, exams, scientific events, committee meetings etc. that are held in attendance, it is still necessary to register all participants in order to trace infection chains. Preferably this registration is done electronically. Alternatively, paper lists can be created. All participants must also receive the data protection information, which can be found in the FAQ portal, just like the template.
Preview of the winter semester 2020/21
Current status of the portal: September 23th, 2020 1 pm