Fulbright Diversity Initiative an der Trinity University, San Antonio, TX / vom 22. August bis 21. September 2020 / Bewerbungsschluss 24. Februar 2020 Für Bachelor-Vollzeitstudierende aller Studiengänge
Bewerbungsfrist für zahlreiche MA-Studiengänge bis zum 15. März für externe Bewerber*innen verlängert.
Fulbright Reisestipendienprogramm 2020-2021 ausgeschrieben, Deadline 15. Januar!
Am vergangenen Mittwoch, 19.09.19, fand zum zweiten Mal die vorgezogene Stundenplanberatung für Erstsemesterstudierende der PHIL: Studienberatung statt. In diesem Jahr nutzten über 120 Erstsemesterstudierende das Angebot, so dass die Raumkapazität bei einigen Gruppen nicht ausreichte und kurzfristig ein größerer Raum gefunden werden musste.
- An above average first academic degree (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) in history, political science, sociology or in a related field of study with a final grade of at least "good" (local grade 2,5).
- A very good command of English (equivalent to Level C1 of the CEFR) documented by internationally recognised test certificates (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge certificate). In some cases students can be exempted from submitting a formal test certificate, e.g. when students have obtained a BA degree from a university where the language of instruction was English.
- Admission to the Master's programme requires a proof of a study-related special qualification.
A study-related special qualification is ascertained when the submitted documents, in particular the transcript of records, the letter of motivation and the exposé show that the student has the ability to conduct independent scientific work and has the relevant methodological competencies that enable him/her to successfully complete the Master's programme.The assessment of the study-related special qualification is part of the application procedure. It is based on the submitted application documents (see application documents below)
Application deadlines for studies beginning annually in October (Winter Semester)
- 1st application deadline: 15 May
(strongly recommended for non-EU students to allow sufficient time for visa procedures)
- 2nd application deadline: 15 July
Applications will be received through the online system unisono.
Application documents (PDF)
- short CV (English)
- certified copies of your university entrance certificate
- certified copies of university certificates, university diplomas with transcript of records and certified translations, if applicable
- document for converting the grade according to the Bavarian formula (PDF template)
- language certificates (if students have obtained a BA degree from a university where the language of instruction was English, this needs to be certified by the university)
- a letter of motivation (750 to 1000) words in English with information about professional qualifications, personal motivation for the course of study described from a professional-scientific perspective. The letter schould also describe professional goals (English)
- an exposé of research ideas for the applicant's potential Master's thesis of 2000 to 2500 words in English, which must meet scientific standards. A confirmation of authorship needs to be signed and attached to the document.
- one letter of recommendation from a university professor in English
Applicants from PR China, Mongolia and Vietnam must include a certificate of the Academic Evaluation Centre (APS), which should be filed together with their application documents.
If you have any questions about the application documents, please consult our FAQ
Further technical support for the application process can be found in the application guide
The online portal opens on 1st March
- Please do not forget to “submit” your application in unisono (last step)
- Please do not send copies by e-mail or post. The application documents can only be sent within the online system unisono
- Please regularly check your unisono account for any updates on your application
- Incomplete application dossiers cannot be processed.