Kreisgesundheitsamt, Rettungsdienst und Krankenhäuser in Siegen-Wittgenstein haben sich auf ein mögliches Auftreten des Coronavirus vorbereitet. Zentrale Anlaufstelle für Patientinnen und Patienten mit einem Verdacht auf Infizierung mit dem neuen Grippevirus ist das Kreisklinikum in Siegen-Weidenau.
General information and infection protection rules
Which hygiene and infection prevention rules are to be observed on the campus of the University of Siegen and on the premises, which rules apply to the safety distance and mouth-nose covers?
- All members of the university are obliged to provide themselves with a mouth-nose cover and to carry it with them.
- A mouth-and-nose cover must be carried on the outside area in order to be able to wear it at all times if the safety distance of at least 1.5 metres cannot be maintained with certainty. A mouth-and-nose cover should be worn on all traffic routes when there is sufficient traffic (on foot in the opposite direction).
- A safety distance of 1.5 metres must be maintained between all persons on the university grounds and in the buildings; this also applies to the general areas (corridors etc.). Whenever it is not possible to maintain the safety distance, all persons must wear a suitable mouth-nose cover.
- In classrooms, the mouth-nose cover can be removed if the safety distance of at least 1.5 metres can be safely maintained.
- Persons with respiratory symptoms (unless a doctor has clarified a cold, for example) or fever should generally not stay on the premises of the University of Siegen.
- Students and all other members of the university are asked to inform the Department 1.1 - Occupational Health and Safety (SG1_1@zv.uni-siegen.de) if they have been diagnosed with coronavirus, so that the university can identify contact persons as soon as possible.
- Guests at the University of Siegen, e.g. external service providers, participants in project meetings etc. are also obliged to keep a mouth-and-nose cover. The contact persons of these guests are urgently requested to inform about this requirement in order to ensure that guests are allowed to enter the university grounds. All members of the university are obliged to compile lists of names of guests and to record contact times in order to be able to trace chains of infection if necessary.
Where can I find templates for creating visitor or participant lists for contact registration and tracking?
In order to trace infection chains during the time of the Corona pandemic, all members of the University of Siegen are obliged to record who visited their office or an event during the day. This also applies to courses, examinations, excursions and official meetings (e.g. working group meetings, project meetings).
- List of visitors/participants CORONA (German language)
- Information obligations for visitors/participants in the course of the Corona pandemic
The lists must be reported to the dean's office at the end of each week. After sending the participant documentation to the dean's office, the file must be deleted on the dean's own computer for data protection reasons; it is stored exclusively on a computer belonging to the dean's office. After four weeks the lists must also be deleted on the dean's computer.
All participants of courses, exams, excursions and business meetings must be provided in advance with the data protection information ("Information obligations for visitors/participants in the course of the Corona pandemic").
What measures is the university taking?
The university has set up a team of experts who meet daily, assess the current situation and make quick decisions. All decisions and measures are based on the expert staff.
How can I protect myself?
The University asks that you follow the recommendations of the Federal Centre for Health Education on the prevention of infections.
Which preventive measures is the University of Siegen taking to prevent infections?
The University takes precautionary measures to prevent the further spread of diseases.
People that are ill with contagious diseases should not enter the university (grounds and buildings).
All people suspected of having contracted the Coronavirus are requested to consult a doctor after making an appointment by telephone. You should state if are arriving from a risk area or have been in contact with (possibly) sick people.
How many infected are there at the University of Siegen?
There is currently no case of infection.
There are also first cases in the ranks of university members. In accordance with RKI guidelines, the respective working environments are directly included in the preventive measures.
Update 3-27-2020 11:30 am
What should I do in case of an infection, whom can I contact within the University of Siegen?
For members of the University of Siegen (students, technical and administrative staff, scientific staff and professors): If you have contracted the coronavirus, please contact the Department of Occupational Health and Safety (Department 1) immediately by e-mail: SG1_1@zv.uni-siegen.de
If your partner or a member of your household is ill or suspected to be ill, the University also asks you to report to the Department of Occupational Health and Safety.
Employees: Please also inform your superior / your supervisor.
What should I do if I suspect having contracted the Coronavirus?
If you have travelled to Germany from one of the risk areas during the past 14 days or have had contact with infected people, you should contact your general practitioner / the Department of Public Health by telephone to discuss the further procedure.
Please stay away from the campus premises of the University of Siegen for 14 days.
Employees: Please contact your supervisor to determine whether you can carry out your tasks from home, for example, in home office.
In case there is a confirmed corona case in your household and you have registered for an examination, the university asks you to present the certificate of the sick household member and proof of the common address to the examination offices. This will be counted as a separate certificate.
Where can I get information?
- The University of Siegen provides information on symptoms, hygiene measures etc. You can find them here.
- The district of Siegen-Wittgenstein has set up mobile teams, two contact points and an information hotline. You can find this information here.
- The Federal Foreign Office provides travel and security advice. These can be found here.
- The Federal Ministry of Health provides information on the coronavirus. This information can be found here.
- The Robert Koch Institute provides up-to-date information (you can find this here), FAQ (you can find this here) and a list of risk areas (you can find this here).
- The Federal Centre for Health Education provides answers to frequently asked questions about the novel coronavirus, including information on infection protection and hygiene tips. These can be found here.
The district’s Department of Public Health, emergency services and hospitals in Siegen-Wittgenstein have prepared for a possible occurrence of the coronavirus. The central contact point for patients suspected of being infected with the new corona virus is the District Hospital (Kreisklinikum) in Siegen-Weidenau.