Hinweise zum Einsatz der Google Suche
Personensuchezur unisono Personensuche
Veranstaltungssuchezur unisono Veranstaltungssuche
Katalog plus
Weitere Informationen

Informationen zu Symptomen, Hygienemaßnahmen etc.

Kreis Siegen-Wittgenstein

Auswärtiges Amt

Bundesministerium für Gesundheit

Robert Koch-Institut

Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung

Kreisgesundheitsamt, Rettungsdienst und Krankenhäuser in Siegen-Wittgenstein haben sich auf ein mögliches Auftreten des Coronavirus vorbereitet. Zentrale Anlaufstelle für Patientinnen und Patienten mit einem Verdacht auf Infizierung mit dem neuen Grippevirus ist das Kreisklinikum in Siegen-Weidenau.


Personnel (Scientific personnel + technical and administrative staff + support staff)

What regulations apply to working on site and in the home office?

Since October 1st, 2021, the University of Siegen is accessible to all its members without restriction and on-site work will be the norm.

Due to the termination of the determination of the epidemic situation of national importance, the German Bundestag and the Bundesrat have decided to amend the Infection Protection Act (IfSG) and other laws.

3G at the workplace

Among other things, the legislature passed a "3G rule at the workplace". This also applies in NRW. This means that from November 24, 2021, only vaccinated, recovered or tested persons may perform their work at the workplace. Detailed information on the implementation of this rule at the University of Siegen can be found here in the FAQ portal (Question: " How is the 3G rule at the workplace implemented at the University of Siegen?").

Home office

Furthermore, the legislator has decreed that in case of office work or comparable activities, the employer has to offer the employees to perform these activities as remote work, if there are no compelling operational reasons against it.

This means that activities that can be carried out as remote work should also take place there; what can only take place in the university, be it teaching, an activity in the laboratory or in the library, will not be shifted to remote work.

Therefore, for work at the University of Siegen, the "Corona Home Office" regulation will apply from November 24th, 2021 until further notice.
All details on the implementation as well as a list of questions and answers can be found here.

Update 12-03-2021 5 pm

Old Version

In order to reduce the number of potential contacts at the workplace, it also applies that activities should be carried out as remote work, insofar as this can be reasonably implemented taking into account official interests.

Supervisors shall review with the employees assigned to them which activities can reasonably be performed as remote work and which tasks are to be performed in the office.

When determining the share of remote work and work in presence, the regulation in the existing framework agreement on the design of the flexible work location is used as a guideline in case of doubt, according to which the share of work at the university should generally amount to at least 50% of the individual weekly working time.

In the past, the introduction of a shift system has proven successful, in particular in such a way that employees who share an office work on a rotating basis in remote work and in the office.

All those involved take care to the best of their knowledge and belief to comply with the applicable legal standards, particularly those relating to occupational health and safety as well as data protection.

If work is done as remote work, the net working time (working time minus breaks) is credited up to the target daily working time (7:58 hours per day for full-time employees, reduced accordingly for part-time employees) by correction slip or e-mail to the Human Resources Division through the supervisors. If a combination of remote work and office work is performed on the same day, the timekeeping device does not need to be operated. As with remote work, time will be credited to the Human Resources Division per correction slip or email through supervisors. To make the workflow as efficient as possible, it makes sense to submit the request for credit for a continuous period, for example once a week.

How is the 3G rule at the workplace implemented at the University of Siegen?

The following regulations apply to work at the University of Siegen from November 24, 2021 and until further notice:

In future, access to the workplace will only be permitted to employees with proof of vaccination, recovery or testing (3G proof). Employees are responsible for ensuring that they can present valid 3G certificates.

This means that employees must always carry a 3G certificate with them when entering the workplace and present it without being asked to do so to their supervisor (e.g. head of faculty, department or facility) or the office designated by the supervisor (e.g. management or secretariat) before starting work - if necessary also electronically from home.

Once the supervisor has checked the vaccination or recovery record and documented this check, respective employees may be exempted from daily access checks thereafter as a general rule. To document the proof of vaccination or recovery, it is sufficient to check off the first and last names of the employees on a list under "vaccinated" or "recovered"; in the case of recovered persons, the end date of the recovered status must also be documented.

For those not vaccinated or recovered, daily verification and documentation of their negative test status is a requirement for access to the workplace. In this regard, the underlying testing (e.g., so-called "citizen testing" - the self-tests provided by the University that are not performed under supervision do not constitute certified evidence) may not be older than 24 hours. In the case of a PCR test or comparable procedure, a maximum of 48 hours may have passed since the test was performed. For documentation purposes, it is again sufficient to check off the first and last names of the employees on a list on the respective control day when the respective proof has been provided.

A sample for the documentation is available here.

Further documentation, for example the storage of a copy of the proof, is not necessary and must be omitted from a data protection point of view.

The inspectors must ensure that unauthorized persons (e.g. third parties or colleagues) cannot gain knowledge of the recorded data. Any document transmitted electronically must be deleted immediately after review by the supervisor. Overall, the collected data must be deleted or destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations no later than six months after collection.

Further information on 3G verification can be found on the FAQ page of the Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS).

Update 11-24-2021 6 pm

What protective measures must be taken for working in presence?

In addition to the general hygiene and infection prevention rules of the University of Siegen (maintaining a minimum distance of 1.5 metres, wearing of mouth-nose covers, see: https://www.uni-siegen.de/corona/allgemein/index.html.en?lang=en#hygiene), the following regulations must be observed:

Working in an individual office without public access

The mask can be put down at a single workplace.

Working in an individual office with public access

  • If only one person is in the office, the mask can be removed.
  • The mask can also be discarded when:
    • the minimum distance of 1.5 meters is safely maintained, or
    • only immunized employees come together, or
    • only immunized or tested employees come together at fixed workplaces or in fixed teams, unless the wearing of masks is required for reasons of occupational safety (for example, due to activities with high aerosol emissions).
  • Especially in the case of more frequent public traffic (e.g. issuing, advisory or paying offices), it is recommended to use sideboards, tables etc. as a barrier. Where this is not possible and where there is no possibility of switching to another room (e.g. meeting room), the installation of a mobile partition wall can be considered as "spit protection".
  • The room must be ventilated at least every hour for 5-10 minutes.

Working in offices with more than one workplace

The mask can be discarded when:

  • the minimum distance of 1.5 meters is safely maintained, or
  • only immunized employees come together, or
  • only immunized or tested employees come together at fixed workplaces or in fixed teams, unless the wearing of masks is required for reasons of occupational safety (for example, due to activities with high aerosol emissions).

What do I have to consider after returning to work from vacation or a longer absence?

As a general rule, employees who show symptoms of illness should stay away from the university. This also applies to fully vaccinated or recovered persons.

Employees who have not worked for at least five consecutive working days after July 1st, 2021, due to vacations and comparable leaves of absence from duty or work, must provide their respective manager with either proof of negative testing (E. g. citizen testing) or proof that they are fully immunized (immunized persons in this sense are fully vaccinated and recovered persons who have neither typical symptoms of infection with the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus nor an acute infection) on the first (present) working day after this interruption of work.

An information sheet from the Ministry of Labor, Health and Social Affairs of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (MAGS) as an overview and explanation of this regulation can be found here (german language).

In addition, please note the following information.

How does the verification work?

The manager documents the presentation of the aforementioned proof by recording in writing that and, if applicable, which proof (negative test proof or proof of complete immunization) he or she had presented on the first day of work.

An example of this is the entry in a form. We provide a sample form for this purpose. A simple documentation that the proof has been presented is also sufficient.

Further documentation, such as storing a copy of the proof, is not required and should be avoided from a data protection perspective. If a document has been transmitted electronically, it must be deleted immediately after being viewed by the supervisor.

How is proof provided if supervisors are not on site at the time of the employee's return (e.g., due to home office, business trip, etc.)?

There are two options here:

  • A) The employee (displays) his/her negative test or immunization record to the supervisor using electronic media. This can be done, for example, by sighting it (holding it up to a camera) or by sending a document electronically (including mail).
  • B) The supervisor designates a representative to be present at the time of the employee's return from leave, to conduct the triage, and to document it

How do professors document negative testing for themselves, if not already fully immunized, upon return?

Professors assume this task on their own responsibility and also determine the manner of verifiable documentation. No further notification is required.

Which test is eligible?

The negative test proof can be done via the citizenship test, alternatively via an entry test done not more than 48 hours ago according to § 5 of the Coronavirus Entry Regulation (May 12, 2021).

In addition, a free opportunity to take supervised self-tests has been created on the Adolf Reichwein campus. Until September 30th, the tests can be taken Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. in the AR-HB building ("Haardter-Berg-Schule"). They will be handed out by trained staff, who will also explain how to take them, if necessary. However, the testing is done by students or employees of the university themselves.

The test result is documented in writing and can be used for internal university purposes. This test certificate is not valid outside the University of Siegen.

Why are the tests that the University offers to employees not sufficient?

The University offers Corona self-tests to all employees. However, a separate regulation has been made for the "vacation risk" with regard to the tests (see §7 paragraph 3 CoronaSchVO), according to which only specific tests are sufficient for proof (see the following question).  

Why is the supervised self-testing of an employee not sufficient to provide proof?

This follows from §4 of the Corona Test and Quarantine Ordinance. Here, within the framework of an employee test, it is required that either the test is carried out by trained/expert personnel, or under the supervision of trained, expert or instructed personnel. These requirements are not met at the University.

Does the requirement according to §7 CoronaSchVO only apply to persons on budget positions or also to DFG/BMBF/etc. funded persons?

This requirement applies to all employees, i.e. there is no distinction.

It also applies to auxiliary staff (SHK, WHB, WHK), these also count as employees.

Do scholarship holders, visiting scientists, interns and lecturers also have to prove negative testing or complete immunization)?

These groups are not covered by §7 paragraph 3 of the CoronaSchVO. However, in order to implement the meaning of the regulation, it is explicitly recommended to include these groups in the corresponding documentation system.


These regulations for dealing with travel returners do not affect the other, specific regulations that apply, for example, to the areas of teaching and examinations. 

What regulations are there for risk groups?

First of all, please note the regulations for working on site and in the home office (see the questions above).

In addition, please note:

Persons with respiratory symptoms (unless clarified by a physician, e.g., a cold) or fever should generally not be on the premises of the University of Siegen.

Employees who, according to a medical certificate or a determination by the occupational health service (AMZ Siegerland e.V., Hammerwerk 8, 57076 Siegen, Tel.: 0271/880 600, e-mail: info@amz-si.de), are at risk of a severe course of COVID-19 due to special health risks, should check the feasibility and effectiveness of the above protective measures together with their (specialist) superiors.

In doing so, they can seek advice from Department 1.1 - Occupational Health and Safety - or the occupational health service, including advice on special hazards due to a previous illness or an individual disposition. Fears and psychological stress can also be addressed. Department 1.1 and the occupational health service can suggest suitable protective measures if the occupational safety measures already taken are not sufficient. The employer does not learn of this unless the person concerned expressly consents.

This applies accordingly to employees who live in a domestic community with a person who is actually to be cared for and has a degree of care (application is sufficient), provided that it is confirmed by a doctor that, due to a relevant previous illness of the person to be cared for, there is an individually very high risk of a severe COVID 19 disease progression in the event of infection.

Where can I find information about vaccinations?

Where can I find a certificate of work in presence / home office for my tax return?

In the event that you require proof of presence or home office arrangements at the University of Siegen during the Corona pandemic as part of your tax return for 2020, you can find a certificate here for submission to the tax office (german language).

Where can I find templates for creating visitor or participant lists for contact registration and tracking?

The new Corona protection regulation no longer requires contact data to be collected. However, there will soon be internal regulations at the University of Siegen in this regard.

What technical support is available in the home office?

The ZIMT provides instructions for setting up a VPN access.

The ZIMT website also provides help on how to use the e-learning platform Moodle, Livestream, teaching materials, Classroom Response System and Sciebo. You can find this information here.

Please refer to the information on the mobile work of the Information Security Staff Unit.

Where can I find templates for notices / posters for the work on site?

The Press, Communication and Marketing Department, in cooperation with Department 5 and Department 1 (Occupational Health and Safety Department), provides posters and posters for the work on site. You can download and print the templates. All templates are in A3 format, please select a smaller format (e.g. A4) in the printer menu.

What regulations are there for committee meetings, official meetings, job interviews and other activities such as laboratory work, work in workshops and on construction sites?

How can I set up forwarding calls on my phone or a voice box?

For home office activities, the university can set up call forwarding of landline numbers to external numbers - including personal mobile phones and external landline numbers.

However, the university's telephone system only allows 100 subscribers to make calls simultaneously within call forwarding. For the 101st subscriber the "busy" signal will then be heard. This does not affect internal telephone calls within the university's properties.

We ask you to use mobile phones instead of call forwarding and to make these mobile numbers available to your contacts. This will help to relieve the burden on our telephone system and ensure our ability to communicate.

The University is working hard on increasing the number of possible participants.

The possibility to set up call forwarding also from outside the university can be found under the following link https://selfservice.voip.uni-siegen.de/. Here you will find instructions for this (German language).

It is also possible to set up a voice box. Here you will find instructions for this (German language).

Which regulations apply for flexitime, applications for leave and sick leave?

Applications for leave for technical and administrative staff will be submitted - as before - with the application available for download online (Formulare). If your superior approves the application for leave, which he or she can do, for example, by forwarding the application digitally or by post with a corresponding note, you can assume that the HR Department will process accordingly. Due to the special circumstances, this may take longer than usual at the moment, we ask for your understanding. The usual returns/approvals will only be sent by post. Please refrain from asking whether the application has actually been received. If your superior does not approve the application, please contact the Human Resources Department.

Please proceed accordingly with regard to the application for flexitime days.

If you are unable to work, you must also inform your superior immediately. Please send the certificates of sick leave by post to the HR department, as you have done up to now.

How do I deal with already approved leave of absence?

In general, granted applications for leave remain valid as agreed; holiday plans and thus the planned recreational leave of absence remain. There are no plans to withdraw permits for leave of absence. Exceptions are only possible in cases of hardship (e.g. if the annual leave was applied for en bloc and cannot now be carried out as planned) in agreement with the respective superior as well as the respective supervisor (i.e. in the case of scientific and artistic personnel the Rector, in the case of technical and administrative personnel the Chancellor). In these cases, it will be examined whether a partial postponement of the approved leave can be agreed to, if possible.

All of us, as employees of the public service, have a comprehensive responsibility for solidarity with many other people in our country who are also affected by unforeseen changes in their personal circumstances. Recreational leave can still be used to relax, even if a planned holiday trip cannot not take place. It is also not possible to postpone the granted leave to the period after the Corona crisis, because work processes must be constantly guaranteed throughout the year (avoidance of a simultaneous" wave of holidays").

Particularly in light of the amount of work to be expected after returning to normal operations, employees are asked to consider applying for part of their leave of absence now, especially if working from home is not possible.

What applies if kindergarten or school remain closed in the event of suspected infection or if compulsory attendance is suspended and there are no other childcare options for employees' children?

Entitlement to children's sick pay will increase from 20 days per parent and child to 30 days in 2021, bringing the total to 60 days per child for parent couples. The entitlement per child will also double for single parents from 30 to 60 days.
If there are several children, each parent has a total entitlement to a maximum of 65 (instead of the previous 45) working days. For single parents, the entitlement increases to a maximum of 130 (instead of 90 as before) working days.

This regulation applies to children who are not yet 12 years old or to disabled children and children who require assistance if there is no other person in the household who can care for the child.

The entitlement exists for those with statutory health insurance and can be claimed through the health insurance funds. If one parent and the child are insured by the statutory health insurance, there is an entitlement to child sickness benefit for this parent. If the child is privately insured with the other parent, there is no entitlement to child sickness benefit. For privately insured persons, there is the possibility of compensation for loss of earnings in accordance with Section 56 of the Infection Protection Act.

Children's sick days can be taken for individual days, not for individual working hours or half days.

In principle, proof of the pandemic-related restriction of access to childcare must be provided to the University of Siegen. See a sample certificate from the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth.

Corresponding regulations apply to civil servants. In 2021, leave may be granted to care for a child in cases of illness or pandemic-related restrictions on access to care. This applies to children under the age of twelve or children who are disabled and in need of assistance. The scope of the leave corresponds to the scope of the children's sick pay for those with statutory health insurance (see above). The salary continues to be paid. The prerequisite is that no other person living in the household is available to provide care and that there are no official reasons for not doing so. The pandemic-related restriction of access to care must be proven. The form for pay-scale employees provided above can be used for this purpose.

What options do employees have if their child falls ill with the coronavirus?

The same rules apply as with any other illness the child. If the child requires supervision and care during the illness, one of the parents must have this certified by a doctor. This certificate is colloquially called a child's sick note. In this case, the health insurance company pays employees a sick pay.

In 2021, a person is entitled to this sick pay for 20 days per child; for single parents, it is 40 days per child. For three or more children, the maximum is 45 days per year, and for single parents, 90 days. For the duration of this child sick leave, employees are entitled to time off from their employer and may be absent from work. The employer does not owe any remuneration for this period of leave.

What happens in the case of a temporary release of employees initiated by the employer for
    welfare reasons or a temporary closure of the company by the authorities?

If employees are able and willing to work, but the employer gives them temporary leave and literally sends them home or cannot employ them for reasons that lie within his operational sphere, they retain their right to remuneration.

In order to keep the damage as low as possible in such cases, solutions should be sought together with the employees to enable them to carry out their tasks as far as possible in their home office.

How can I reach the Staff Council

The staff council for technical and administrative staff, as well as the staff council for scientific and artistic staff can again be reached as usual:

Can I still use official services at the city of Siegen
    (e.g. registration of residence, issuing a certificate of good conduct or issuing a birth certificate)?

The City of Siegen has compiled a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ), which also includes all official services such as registering, changing and deregistering your place of residence, issuing or renewing residence permits or even authentications or registration certificates. Please check here, which services are currently available online or by phone: