Hinweise zum Einsatz der Google Suche
Personensuchezur unisono Personensuche
Veranstaltungssuchezur unisono Veranstaltungssuche
Katalog plus
/ corona / reisen /


What do I have to consider when travelling on business (domestic and foreign)?

Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, warnings are currently issued against unnecessary tourist travel to a large number of countries. Since October 1st, 2020, comprehensively differentiated travel and safety instructions and travel warnings for individual countries have been in effect again. This replaces the blanket travel warning for non-European countries that was in place until September 30th.

At the University of Siegen these travel warnings and travel advice apply to business trips.

Business trips, with the exception of trips to virus-variant areas, are possible within the framework of the legal regulations on foreign travel.

Update 08-19-2021 6 pm

Prior to planning or commencing business trips, travelers should inform themselves carefully, as restrictions (e.g. quarantine on entry or return) may still apply. It is the responsibility of the traveling person to check this.

Should a quarantine be necessary after return from the trip, this must be proven.

What are the travel restrictions within Germany?

If the incidence is less than 100, the regulations that the federal states have laid down in their respective coronavirus protection ordinances take effect. Depending on the incidence and on the federal state, the regulations may therefore vary. Before you travel - for whatever reason - find out from the respective federal state under which conditions travel is possible, what detection and testing obligations exist.

You can find out in detail what applies in your region via the federal government's overview page.

What do returnees from abroad have to consider?

The provisions of the Coronavirus Entry Regulation are decisive. It came into force on May 13th, 2021, and now brings together the registration, testing and verification obligations and quarantine regulations on the subject of entry in a uniform and comprehensive manner throughout Germany. The ban on transport from virus variant areas has also been integrated into the regulation.

The purpose of the Coronavirus Entry Ordinance is to reduce the entry of infections from abroad as much as possible, especially the entry with virus variants of concern. In this regard, the flight testing requirement will continue. The convalescent or vaccination proof is also recognized as equivalent to the test proof. Persons who do not present appropriate proof to the carrier prior to departure and for whom no exemption exists may not be transported.

Note: Special registration, verification, and quarantine requirements apply to entrants after a stay in a foreign simple risk, high incidence, or virus variant area.

Where can I find information about stays abroad (exchange studies, internships)?

You will find all information on this page.

Where can international students find information on entry to Germany

You will find all information on this page.

Are visits by international guests possible?

Visits by guests and foreign delegations from risk areas must be cancelled.

Are travel expenses reimbursed for trips not taken?

For trips that have been or had to be cancelled in connection with coronavirus, for example because the reason for the trip has ceased to exist due to the cancellation of a conference or similar event, the normal rules for reimbursement of expenses for trips not taken apply. You can find them here.