Hinweise zum Einsatz der Google Suche
Personensuchezur unisono Personensuche
Veranstaltungssuchezur unisono Veranstaltungssuche
Katalog plus
Weitere Informationen

Informationen zu Symptomen, Hygienemaßnahmen etc.

Kreis Siegen-Wittgenstein

Auswärtiges Amt

Bundesministerium für Gesundheit

Robert Koch-Institut

Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung

Kreisgesundheitsamt, Rettungsdienst und Krankenhäuser in Siegen-Wittgenstein haben sich auf ein mögliches Auftreten des Coronavirus vorbereitet. Zentrale Anlaufstelle für Patientinnen und Patienten mit einem Verdacht auf Infizierung mit dem neuen Grippevirus ist das Kreisklinikum in Siegen-Weidenau.

/ corona / studium /

Studies & Teaching

» Old versions can be found here

Sommersemester 2020


Will the summer semester 2020 take place?


Yes, but the start of the lecture period of the 2020 summer semester has been postponed by two weeks to 4-20-2020. The lecture period will end on 7-17-2020 as previously specified.




Will the courses of the summer semester 2020 take place?

Yes, but the start of the lecture period of the summer semester 2020 has been postponed by two weeks to 20.04.2020. However, the lecture period will not end two weeks later, but on 17.07.2020 as previously stipulated.

In the first two weeks of the new lecture period there will be no classroom teaching; the lecturers will develop alternative teaching/learning formats.


Enrollment and Change of Subject


When can I enrol for the summer semester 2020?

Registration for the summer semester 2020 will be postponed to the period from April 20 to 30, 2020.

The enrollment / online pre-enrollment for the summer semester 2020 is possible in the period from April 03 to 30.
Update 04-01-2020 4 pm

Information on the enrolment of first-year students with a German higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) can be found at


For information on enrolment of first-year students with foreign school or university degrees, please refer to

Can I enrol at another university as planned?

Of course, we cannot say what deadlines and conditions other universities set in view of the special circumstances. In any case, students should inquire at the university to which they wish to transfer and check the deadline for the last exams to see if they can get their certificate in time and, in case of doubt, check if they have a hardship case.

Is my transfer from the Bachelor's to the Master's program at the University of Siegen at risk because I cannot take the last exam(s) of the Bachelor's program for the time being?

No. If admission to the Master's program has already been granted, the transfer to the Master's program will take place without the Bachelor's degree. Students are enrolled twice (Bachelor and Master). As soon as the last Bachelor's degree has been obtained, only the Master's degree will continue to be studied. The last Bachelor's degree can be obtained during the entire summer semester, i.e. by 09-30-2020.

Is there an exception for re-registration for the summer semester 2020?

Students who wanted to graduate in the winter semester 2019/20 (until 31 March 2020), but

  • could not due to the corona pandemic or the storm on 10 February 2020
  • and on whom the payment of the re-registration fee places an undue burden financially

may, by way of exception, re-register for the summer semester 2020 without paying the re-registration fee (268.65 euros) If this applies to you, please contact the Registrar's Office by e-mail (https://www.uni-siegen.de/start/studium/studierendensekretariat). Please also mention the exam(s) you were registered for and could not take in this mail. The Registrar's Office will then clarify this with the Examinations Office responsible for you.

Already paid re-registration fees can be refunded in full until the end of May 2020 at the latest after returning your semester ticket by mail to the Registrar's Office and stating your bank details.

We would like to point out that if you re-register without paying the re-registration fee, no semester ticket will be available to you and therefore no right to travel in the area of the VGWS and NRW Ticket for the duration of the summer semester 2020. The re-registration without payment expires after passing the last exam. Should the last examination not be passed/not be taken, you have to inform the Registrar's Office immediately and complete the re-registration by transferring the fees or exmatriculate.

You can obtain information about your make-up exam dates from the Examinations Office responsible for you. Please contact your health insurance company for information on health insurance coverage. If you have any questions regarding your right of residence, please contact your local Foreigner's Registration Office.


Winter semester 2019/2020




Will the remaining courses of the winter semester 2019/20 take place?

With immediate effect, all courses of the current winter semester 2019/20 may not be conducted as attendance courses.

If it makes sense in terms of content, the lecturers will develop alternative teaching/learning formats. Lecturers will inform students, who have registered for a course whether the course will be cancelled or replaced by an alternative. Students who wish to cancel their registration under these conditions should inform their lecturer.


Examinations (examination and study assignments)


Are examinations carried out as planned?

As of March 18, 2020, based on a decree of the Ministry of Culture and Research (MKW) of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW), all examinations involving a risk of infection will be postponed until further notice.

In light of this development, the University of Siegen has decided that all formats leading to a study assignment or examination on site, for which several people have to gather in one room (e.g. written examinations, oral examinations, laboratory work), will be postponed to a date or period yet to be specified.

Study assignments and examinations for which several people do not have to sit in one room, e.g. written assignments or theses, can of course be take place. However, please refer to the information on deadlines, in submission of written assignments and on de-registration of study assignments and examinations.

What are the regulations for de-registration from examination and study assignments (except Bachelor's and Master's theses)?

Students who have registered for such examinations can remain registered without any disadvantages (e.g. „failed “). Students can alternatively de-register from examinations or study assignments that have not yet been completed, if they prefer. Should students de-register, they must re-register later when the examination or study assignment can take place.

What happens if I have to take an exam urgently (hardship case)?

Conditions for hardship cases:

Should the postponement of the examination date demonstrably lead to undue hardship, the student concerned can apply to the responsible examination board for an individual examination date and/or an alternative form of examination, if necessary. The reasons for the unreasonable hardship must be substantiated. The responsible examination board shall decide on the application. A prerequisite for the examination is that the necessary measures have been taken to prevent further spread of the corona virus.

Such a request is only possible if ALL the following conditions apply:

  1. Postponement of the examination would be accompanied by unreasonable hardship, e.g. loss of the residence permit/visa, denial of the opportunity to take up a job that has already been assured, or a change to study at another university.
  2. Only the examination(s) for which the application is made are missing or missing for the degree.
  3. The student has already registered for the examination(s) in question

If all the requirements are met, an informal application can be made by e-mail via the Examinations Office to the relevant examination board, to which the relevant evidence for condition (1) must be attached (e.g. proof of the period of validity of the residence permit, a letter from the future employer or the letter of admission from the university to which the transfer is made). The board of examiners may authorize the chairperson of the examination office to decide on applications for hardship cases in his or her place.

In the case of examinations whose postponement would result in the immediate loss of the residence permit/visa, condition (2) need not be fulfilled.

Performance of hardship cases:

Should it be necessary to choose a different form of examination than intended at the time of registration for the examination in order to comply with the measures to prevent the further spread of the corona virus and in order to conduct an examination approved under the described conditions, or if a form of examination should be chosen which is not provided for in the examination regulations or module description, the student must confirm in writing (e.g. by e-mail) that he/she agrees with the chosen form of examination before the examination is conducted.

As an alternative form of examination, an examination via video conference can take place. Both the examiners and the student must agree to this. This agreement also refers to the risk of data protection and the reliability of the system that this form of examination entails. It must be ensured that identification of the student is possible. In addition, it must be ensured during image transmission that all examiners are visible to the examinee during the examination and that they themselves remain visible to the examiners during the entire examination. In addition, the image setting should show that the examinee has no unauthorized aids which could allow deception. Telephone numbers should also be exchanged in case the system or transmission is no longer working.


Especially for students studying to become teachers


Where can I find information on special regulations concerning students studying to become teachers?

The Center for Teacher Training and Educational Research provided information relevant for students studying to become teachers online. This includes, among other things, the practical phases (Suitability and orientation internship, [Update 02.04.2020 13:00 Uhr] professional placements, practical semester), the Examination Office for students studying to become teachers and stays abroad. You can find this information here:


Exam papers


Is the deadline for my work still valid?

The deadline for the submission of all written work for study assignments or examinations that are not written examinations (including Bachelor's and Master's theses and dissertations) is extended by four weeks in relation to the individual deadline for submission.

The rule applies to all written work, including those whose submission deadline has already been extended once due to illness or other reasons.

Important: If you want to and can hand in your assignment at the original date or before the end of the additional four weeks, you should do so. This applies in particular to the submission of papers that may affect other deadlines, e.g. the registration of the Bachelor thesis or the application for a place at another university. If you are unsure, please check the website of your subject, future university, etc. for deadlines for registration, applications, etc.

This extension can be extended once more by four weeks upon application to the responsible Examination Office. If, after the granted extension, circumstances occur which constitute undue hardship, the hardship regulations apply (see: What happens if I have to take an examination urgently (case of hardship) ?) accordingly.

What are the deadlines for submitting theses that are registered now?

Theses registered after March 17, 2020 adhere to the regular deadlines, based on the applicable examination regulations, i.e. there is no general extension of the deadline. The extension was granted for theses that had already been registered or were in the process of being registered during the shift into minimal operations. This was aimed at compensating disadvantages for students who were suddenly unable to continue working through no fault of their own due to the closure of the libraries etc.

Students who are considering registering their final thesis are strongly advised to consult with their first supervisor when in doubt as to whether all the materials, facilities, etc. necessary for writing the thesis are likely to be available for the entire duration of the thesis. Please do not speculate on starting work first in the hope that the current restrictions (closed libraries, no interlibrary loan, prohibition of contact, etc.) will be removed in time to allow you to meet the usual requirements for your work.

I have completed a written paper for a study assignment or examination (including Bachelor's and Master's theses); how do I submit it now?

In order to avoid unnecessary exposure in public, written assignments should be sent by e-mail as a PDF file directly to the lecturer in question. Bachelor's and Master's theses should be submitted to the Examination Office by e-mail and post, if possible. If a submission by mail is not possible, e.g. because you are in quarantine and have no one to bind the paper and bring it to the post office, it is sufficient to submit the paper by e-mail as a PDF file. As soon as it is possible, you must then submit the printed versions.

Can I change the topic of my thesis?

Students can withdraw from the topic of their thesis (Bachelor's and Master's theses and dissertations) at any time before and during the processing period and re-register (immediately or at a later date) with a different topic.

The aim of this regulation is to give students who cannot complete their thesis due to external circumstances the opportunity to choose a new topic.

In order to withdraw the topic of the final thesis, an informal request to the responsible examination office is necessary, stating the important reason that makes it impossible to process the final thesis. If necessary, the Examination Offices are asked to assist students in formulating this request.

For students who wish to stick to their topic, the deadline for submissions is extended by four weeks (see deadline).

If there is a case of unreasonable hardship in connection with a guaranteed job, the university leadership asks for a corresponding note to e.g. the employer in order to inform them about the measures decided by the university to obtain the degree.

General information


Stays abroad


I have returned from a stay abroad, what should I do now?

In principle, the summer semester in Germany can be completed if the stay is terminated, leave of absence can be revoked.

Students who have already terminated their stay, please check whether they have returned from a risk area defined by the Robert Koch Institute and should be placed in domestic isolation for 14 days if necessary. If indicated, they should consult their family doctor or the District Health Office Siegen-Wittgenstein or the health office responsible for them by telephone.

I am currently abroad and would like to stay; what do I need to consider?

Please check whether you have registered with ELEFAND, the crisis prevention list of the Federal Foreign Office, , and if necessary, register now. With the registration both you and your emergency contacts can be informed quickly by the German Mission abroad if necessary.

In addition, we ask you to keep yourself informed about the current situation on the website of the German Embassy in the host country, to follow the instructions of the local authorities and the recommendations of the host university or internship provider.




Can certificates be printed/delivered during minimal operation?

Yes, please ask the respective examination office whether certificates are handed out personally or sent by post.

List of all examination offices

Can I still make use of official services at the city of Siegen (e.g. registration of residence, issuing a certificate of good conduct or issuing a birth certificate)?

The City of Siegen has compiled a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ), which also includes all official services such as registering, changing and deregistering your place of residence, issuing or renewing residence permits or even authentications or registration certificates. Please check here, which services are currently available online or by phone:

Update 03-23-2020 10 am

Is my semester ticket still valid?

In the current situation, there may be delays in issuing the semester tickets. In order to avoid any disadvantages for students, the AStA has contacted the public transport companies. The old semester ticket (winter semester 2019/20) remains valid until April 30, 2020 in the area Westfalen-Süd (VGWS area). Students should also carry a certificate of enrollment with them in order to avoid issues upon ticket inspection. A corresponding regulation for the whole of NRW is still being clarified. The AStA will provide further information.


Especially for students studying to become teachers


Where can I find information on special regulations concerning students studying to become teachers?

The Center for Teacher Training and Educational Research provided information relevant for students studying to become teachers online. This includes, among other things, the practical phases (Suitability and orientation internship, [Update 02.04.2020 13:00 Uhr] professional placements, practical semester), the Examination Office for students studying to become teachers and stays abroad. You can find this information here:


Finance and housing


What do I do if I can no longer pay the rent in the residence hall of the Studierendenwerk?

Contact the dormitory administration of the Studierendenwerk and let them know when you can no longer pay your rent. The Studierendenwerk will then use the two-month deposit for this. If the two-month period is exceeded, the Studierendenwerk will try to find unconventional solutions in individual cases, e.g. by deferral or other arrangements.

What do I do when I run out of money?

You can apply to the Darlehenskasse der Studierendenwerke e. V. (Daka) for an interest-free Daka loan (www.daka-darlehen.de), if there is a suitable sponsor. Please contact the department „Studienfinanzierung“ at the Studierendenwerk Siegen.

What do I do if my parents are affected by unemployment or continuous short-time work and thus suffer a significant, not just temporary loss of income?

Please apply for BAföG and submit an updated application. Please contact the department „Studienfinanzierung“ at the Studierendenwerk Siegen.


Contact person for students:


Contact person for prospective students: