Mo - Do: 9 - 16 Uhr
Fr: 9 - 12 Uhr
Terminvereinbarung für eine Beratung über:
You find information about the admission procedure here: STARTING
The degree program
The master's degree program computer science is research-oriented, reinforces majors of computer science and teaches the skill of developing methods and procedures to solve problems in the technical area of computer science (further) and applying them professionally. Another target is teaching key qualifications such as presentation and moderation competences. The M.Sc. computer science is in particular targeted at the qualification for scientific work in research and development and at responsible assumption of management positions in software and hardware development projects.
The Master's degree program includes a study focus in which a technical focus on a selected area of computer science is included (45 ECTS lecture modules, project group with 20 ECTS, master's thesis). The focuses are preferably chosen from the following standard models:
- Technical computer science
- Software engineering
- Visual Computing
- Theor. computer science & formal methods
- Medical computer science
There is one special case among the study focuses:
- Medical computer science: This study focus supplies a reinforced training in the area of computer science for applications in medical diagnostics and therapy and structure of healthcare. Due to the comprehensive specialization share, this study focus is equivalent to a master's degree program in medical computer science. Usually, a Bachelor's degree in medical computer science is required for this degree program, though the department of electrical engineering and computer science is one of the few sites in Germany that offers a transfer model that enables Bachelor's graduates from computer science courses with different focuses to acquire a Master's degree in medical computer science.
- English study focuses: (1) The study
focus oftechnical computer science/embedded
systems focused on concepts, development methods
and technologies for embedded systems that serve to review
physical devices such as mobile phones, automotive
engineers or industrial robots. Specific requirements such
as real-time capacity and reliable operation are of special
importance here. (Language: German or
(2) The study Focus of Visual Computing deals with methods of imaging and image analysis, in particular with computer graphics, image processing, visualization, computer vision, pattern recognition and virtual and augmented reality. These subjects play a central role in applications such as quality control, medical image processing and visualization, autonomous robotics, digital media, film and television industry and computer games.(Language: German or English)
1) Anyone who has successfully completed the Bachelor's degree program of computer science or an equivalent first degree qualifying for a profession.
2) In special exceptions, the relevant
examination board will decide on a case-by-case basis.
The examination regulations relevant at the time shall apply.
Examination regulations/degree plan/module manuals/internship rules
Examination regulations (POs) specify the basic structures of a degree program (e.g. admission requirements and contents to be studied). Students are automatically subject to the current version of their PO when they matriculate for their first subject-related semester. This means that even if the PO changes during their studies, the original version according to which they matriculated will remain valid (provided that the PO does not expire).
The respective degree plan is the recommended example progress of the studies in individual subjects and is part of a PO.
Supplementary provisions and details for any module to be studied can be found in the module manually (e.g. requirements for taking a written test or content-related information on the modules/events, ...).
The internship rules define the conditions under which the required or optional internships must be completed.
We recommend at least looking at the study schedule for your degree program before the lecture time starts, to ensure that you know which modules are intended for the start of your studies.