Study / Internships Abroad
Studying English in Siegen and want to go abroad? Then the following information could prove useful to you:
- Information zu Auslandsaufenthalten nach den Vorgaben des LABG 2009
- Aufstellung von Auslandsaufenthalten LABG 2009
- Bescheinigung über Auslandsaufenthalt LABG 2009
- Information zu Auslandsaufenthalten nach LPO 2003
- Bescheinigung über Auslandsaufenthalt Anglistik/Romanistik LPO 2003
Information and Advice
But it can be useful to talk to someone in the “Seminar für Anglistik” too.
Other topics related to studying or doing internships abroad
Deadlines for Exchange Programs
The International Office offers several information meetings per year on studying abroad – see the IO website for the latest news!
- University of Tulsa/Oklahoma/USA (4 places), application no earlier than 3rd semester: deadline mid-January; contact IO
- Universities in Japan; most courses in English; elementary competence in Japanese required; deadline: mid-February; contact IO
ERASMUS programs (EU partners): application January/February (see International Office website for exact dates)
- National University of Ireland/Maynooth (near Dublin) (2 places, 2 semesters); contact Selvi Demir
- University of Southampton/GB (2 places, 1 semester); contact Selvi Demir
- University of Leeds/GB (1 place, 1 or 2 semesters); contact Selvi Demir, Marcel Hartwig
- University of Skövde/Sweden: courses in English (5 places, 1 semester); contact IO
- University of Aarhus/Denmark: courses in English (8 places, 1 semester); contact Univ.-Prof. Dr. Stephan Habscheid
Also, the following programs are supported by ERASMUS subsidies:
- “Free mover” program with possible European financial support – see http://www.uni-siegen.de/start/internationales/studium_im_ausland/freie_bewerbung/?lang=de
- Comenius program (EU) for future GHR-G teachers: deadline 1 March
- LEONARDO program (EU) for practical training
Programs offered by organizations
- Fulbright program to the USA: 1 July for the academic year beginning 1 ½ years later
- BA students are welcome to apply for Fulbright stipends.
- DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst)
- “Jahresstipendien“ for GB/Ireland: deadline 15 November
- “Jahresstipendien“ for USA, Canada: deadline 15 July for the academic year beginning 1 ½ years later
- “Jahresstipendien“ for Australia/New Zealand: 31 March for the academic year beginning one year later
- BA/Master students are encouraged to apply for DAAD stipends.
- PAD (Pädagogischer Austausch Dienst) [PDF Datei]: teaching assistantships
- GB: deadline 1 December for the following school year
- USA (applicant must be in at least sixth semester): 1 November for the following school year; teaching assistance at college level is possible
- Canada (applicant must be in at least sixth semester): 1 December for the following school year
- Australia/New Zealand (after First "Staatsexamen") deadline 1 December for the following school year
- DAGSiWi/VDAC Stipend USA: 6 July for the academic year 1 1/2 years later; contact IO or see http://www.uni-siegen.de/start/internationales/studium_im_ausland/finanzierung/. This link also points to various ways to seek financial support for stays abroad!