Kreisgesundheitsamt, Rettungsdienst und Krankenhäuser in Siegen-Wittgenstein haben sich auf ein mögliches Auftreten des Coronavirus vorbereitet. Zentrale Anlaufstelle für Patientinnen und Patienten mit einem Verdacht auf Infizierung mit dem neuen Grippevirus ist das Kreisklinikum in Siegen-Weidenau.
University administration and services
How does the university administration work in minimal operation?
» Alte Version
The necessary services are maintained by
the university administration and are carried out as
far as possible in the home office. We therefore ask
you to address your concerns primarily by e-mail or, if
necessary, by telephone to the responsible contact
We ask that in the current phase, purchases be reduced to a minimum. We are endeavouring to keep the work processes as functional as possible even in this special situation, but we ask for your understanding if the usual service cannot be provided to the full extent.
The university administration makes every effort to continue to offer all services in the current minimal operation as far as possible. However, we ask for your understanding if the following services can only be offered to a limited extent or no longer in the current situation:
- Reduced building opening hours
- Mail delivery: Tuesdays within the administration, Fridays to the faculties
- Human Resources: In minimal operation, it is usually possible to ensure the handling of matters of existential importance, such as recruitment, continued employment, contract termination/termination.
- Invoices: In the area of processing incoming invoices, we hope to reduce the backlog in the coming days that has arisen due to the technical changes and to be able to return to normal operations.
- Procurements: We ask that in the current phase only those procurements be made which are necessary according to the requirements of minimum operation; procurements for storage should be avoided.
- Occupational health and safety: Occupational health and safety is currently mainly used for questions and tasks related to the corona virus. For this reason, the usual occupational health and safety services (e.g. training, advice, inspections) can currently only be offered to a very limited extent or not at all.
- ProBeSt: The prompt legal and capacity examination of the examination regulations/study plans and the implementation of the examination regulations adopted by the committees in unison depends on the supply of the organisational units involved and can only take place successively.
Services that are no longer offered:
- Human Resources: The handling of less elementary matters, such as changes in working hours, financing changes, secondary employment, etc. cannot be offered at present.
- Further education and training offers: All further education and training offers are discontinued - internally and externally - until further notice. All employees concerned have been informed. When the situation returns to normal, information will be provided on the resumption of further and advanced training courses, as well as catch-up dates, etc.
- Occupational health and safety: Measures in the area of health promotion have been completely cancelled until further notice. Furthermore, occupational medical examinations cannot be offered at present, as the service provider (the AMZ) no longer offers appointments in this area.
- lost property office, issue of official seals, notice boards
- Moving Services
- New conversion and renovation measures
- EvaSys - Lecture surveys paper&pencil based: The scanning of paper&pencil based lecture surveys can currently no longer be offered. We ask all faculties to increasingly conduct online course surveys.
- Student Service: Enrollment
for the summer semester 2020: Enrollment is
currently suspended and will be made possible again
in the period April 20 to 30, 2020. Further
information can be found at:
Update 03-24-2020 4 pm
Are personal consultations still possible?
All services provided by the university administration and all service units and other facilities are - if possible - provided by e-mail, mail or telephone. The university asks that personal contact be avoided as far as possible. At the same time, the university asks for your understanding if there are delays in the provision of services.
Information on services and contact persons can be found on the websites of the institutions.
Information on the services of the Student Counselling Service, the Registrar’s Office, the Department STARTING, the Job Placement Center, the Centre for Teacher Training and Educational Research and the Examination Office of the Faculty of Philosophy can be found here.
Are all classes from the university sports program cancelled?
There will be no university sports courses until April 19, 2020. All university halls and other sports facilities are closed with immediate effect.
Information on possible refunds will be updated on this
Likewise, there will be no personal consultation hours
until 17 April 2020. However, the university sports team
will still be available by telephone and e-mail:
What changes in the delivery of the mail?
From 3-23-2020, mail within the university will only be delivered once a week within the university. On Tuesdays to the administration and other institutions, on Fridays to the faculties. A daily collection of incoming mail from the post office and delivery of parcel post will continue to take place as usual. The post office counter will remain open from 9:00 am to 12:15 pm for unavoidable personal visits. Outgoing mail can also still be delivered; this will be processed once a day. Outgoing mail will be collected by the university's transport service on Tuesdays and Fridays, parallel to the delivery of the mail.