Hinweise zum Einsatz der Google Suche
Personensuchezur unisono Personensuche
Veranstaltungssuchezur unisono Veranstaltungssuche
Katalog plus

Bewerbung und Zulassung
Application and Admission

phone.: +49 (0)271/740-3903

Zugelassene Studierende
Accepted Applicants

Eva Grottschreiber

phone.: +49 (0)271/740-3916

After Arrival

Nach Ankunft


Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
How to Get to Siegen

From the airports Frankfurt am Main, Düsseldorf and Cologne/Bonn you can take the train or a long-distance bus to Siegen. Within Siegen there are buses that take you to the various campuses of the university. Further Information

Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
First Days in Siegen

During your first days in Siegen, you have to deal with a lot of things, such registrations in many places. You will need different kinds of documents for each procedure. For not running everywhere twice, it makes sense to follow a certain order. From experience, this should be the best way: Further information 

Studies in Siegen

Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
In-Person Registration

As soon as you have pre-enrolled and taken out a health insurance, you can register in person at the Department STARTING in room AR-SSC 001. Please note the information on registration documents given in your admission, in particular the documents you must bring with you for the registration and the office hours during which the registration is possible. If you have any questions, please contact the Department STARTING.

Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
Semester Fee

After your registration in room AR-SSC 001 you have to pay the semester fee. The fastest way to do this is to pay the fee in cash. Only then will you receive your semester ticket. You will find the cashier's office in room AR-NA 121. Please note: You can only pay there between 9.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. on Mondays to Thursdays. Further Information

Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
unisono, Student Email and WiFi

Once you are fully enrolled, you will have access to the campus management system unisono which you will need throughout your studies. Your student ID number is your user name; you have already chosen the password during pre-enrolment.

You can also activate your student email address and WiFi via unisono. Please activate your email address in any case, as all important information is sent to this address.
You can also change your address, print out a confirmation of studies as well as a list of achievements in unisono.

Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
Preparatory Days

For all students, the start of their studies brings with it many questions. Foreign students face even greater challenges as they have to cope with a new language and culture in a new country. That is why we offer you the preparatory days "Campus step by step" before you start your studies, during which you will receive all the important information about the university, your studies and the city and get to know many other new students. We strongly advise you to take part in these preparation days as well as in the welcome days ("Erstsemestereinführung" - ESE) of your faculties. Further Information

Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
Start of Studies

Normally, the lecture times starts in the first or second week of October. Here you can find the dates for the next semesters. If possible, you should definitely be present in the first week of lectures in order to take part in the chosen lectures as you might lose your place if you do not show up. Please register via unisono for the courses you want to take part in. Some weeks later, you also have to register for your achievements / exams. You will get all information during your welcome week (ESE) as well as at your academic advisors and / or examination offices of your faculty.  Furhter information

Stay in Siegen

Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
Health Insurance

Insurance is compulsory in Germany. This means that every registered person must have health insurance. Usually the health insurance coverage from your home country is not valid here (unless you come from an EU or EEA country) and you must take out a health insurance here. Further Information

  • If you want to enrol as a student and are under 30 years old, you must take out statutory health insurance. You are free to choose your insurance; the contributions for students are the same everywhere.
  • If you start your language course first or if you are older than 30 years, it is necessary / better to take out private insurance. However, contributions and benefits can vary greatly. Therefore, make sure to contact insurance providers and compare insurance policies and costs.
Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
Bank Account

If you are not from an EU/EEA country, you must open an account here. Find out which documents are necessary. Depending on the bank or Sparkasse, different documents may be required: Passport or identity card, student card, study certificate, or a registration certificate issued by the Citizen's Office or Foreigners' Registration Office. Contact a local bank or Sparkasse for further information.

Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
Registration at the Citizens' Registration Office

Within two weeks of your arrival in Siegen, you must register with the city or your citizens' registration office. Further Information

If you register in Siegen, this will allow you to request a one-off refund on your semester ticket. Further Information

Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
Appication for a Residence Title

At the latest shortly before your visa with which you entered Germany expires, you should make an appointment with the Foreigner's Registration Office responsible for your place of residence in Siegen to apply for the extension. Please note that the residence title is subject to proper study. Further Information

Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
Radio and TV License

Persons over the age of 18 registered in Germany must also register with the Contribution Service for Radio and TV License and pay a monthly fee of EUR 17.50. However, you may be eligible to apply for an exemption. Further Information

Bildergebnis für grafik checkbox
Liability Insurance

In Germany it can be very expensive if you accidentally hurt someone or break something. We therefore strongly recommend that you take out a liability insurance for approx. EUR 3-5 per month. You can often take out a liability insurance with a bank or another insurance company, for example.

Sometimes you also need to take out a household contents insurance when you sign a rental contract. This insurance covers damages in the event of fire, burglary or water damage in your home, for example.