Hinweise zum Einsatz der Google Suche
Personensuchezur unisono Personensuche
Veranstaltungssuchezur unisono Veranstaltungssuche
Katalog plus

Accommodation in Siegen


Residence Halls of the Student Services Organization Siegen

In Germany an offer of admission does not guarantee a place in a student residence hall. Accepted students need to apply for housing as soon as possible.The centralized property manager of the residence halls in Siegen is the Student Services Organization Siegen (Studierendenwerk Siegen), the University of Siegen does not provide student residences or student apartments. 

Rooms in the residence halls of the Student Services Organization Siegen (Studierendenwerk Siegen) in Siegen and Siegen-Weidenau are in demand, yet spots are limited. You should apply after you received your offer of admission. Student status and registration in Siegen are required once you sign the rental agreement.

The average monthly rent for a room ranges between approx. EUR 200 and EUR 300 (plus a deposit, equivalent to two months rent). Rooms are furnished; dishware, cookware and bedding are not included. The Student Services Organization Siegen provides a bedding set (pillow and pillow case, blanket and blanket case as well as a bed sheet) for approx. EUR 50.

Please note that interns who are not registered as students of the University of Siegen do not have any claim to a room in a residence hall.


Student Services Organization Siegen: Student Residences and Contact

Information on Application and Lease

  • International students pay the processing fee of 10 EUR after their arrival.
  • Rooms can only be rented for whole months.
  • The minimum rental period in Student residence of the Studierendenwerk Siegen is three months. In exceptional cases interns are allowed to stay in Siegen for less than three months during the lecture-free period.
  • Rental leases are issued after receipt of payment. Please follow the instructions of the Studierendenwerk Siegen!
  • If you plan to arrive outside the opening hours of the Studierendenwerk (in the afternoon or on weekends), contact the Studierendenwerk Siegen to arrange a check-in appointment.

Private Residence Halls

Apart from residence halls provided by the Student Services Organization Siegen (Studierendenwerk Siegen) there are privately owned residence halls in Siegen. You find information on application and housing on the website of the respective provider.

Private Accommodation

Many students live in apartments in Siegen or Siegen districts. Rooms or apartments are rented furnished or unfurnished.

Shared Apartment

The cheapest way to rent privately is to share an apartment. A shared apartment is usually referred to as Wohngemeinschaft (WG). You have your own bedroom and shared kitchen, living and bathroom areas.

The rent for the apartment and the charges for utilities are split between all tenants.

Studio or One-Bedroom Apartment

A so-called Einzimmerwohnung may refer to either a studio apartment, that is, a one-room unit with kitchen appliances and a separate bathroom, or a one-bedroom apartment that usually includes a separate kitchen or kitchen area and a bathroom.

Charges for utilities are usually not included in the rent.

Classified ads in local newspapers and free weekly notice papers


Temporary Accommodation

If you have not found an accommodation at the beginning of your studies, or if you plan to stay only for a short period, you can also take a room in a youth hostel, a hotel or a guesthouse in Siegen city or region, or rent a private temporary accommodation. Make sure to check the distance to city center and your campus as well as bus and train connections!