For the 1st instalment of the Erasmus+ grant
to be submitted by e-mail
For the 2nd instalment of the Erasmus+ grant
to be submitted by e-mail
1) Letter of Acceptance
- The Letter of Acceptance states the planned start and end dates of the studies abroad.
- On the basis of the confirmation by the partner university, the number of days of stay and thus the provisional amount of the Erasmus+ grant are calculated.
Demands to extend the studies abroad by one semester must be introduced at least one month before the end date.
1) Confirmation of Stay
- The Confirmation of Stay states the definite start and end dates of the studies abroad.
- On the basis of the confirmation by the partner university, the number of days of stay and thus the final amount of the Erasmus+ grant are calculated.
2a) Learning Agreement, Table A
- With their signature in the Learning Agreement, the students confirm to complete the Study Programme listed in Table A at the partner university.
- With their signature, the partner university confirms to make the Study Programme listed in Table A available to the students.
Changes must be documented and signed in Table A2 within one month of the start of the studies abroad.
2a) Transcript of Records
- In the Transcript of Records, the Study Programme completed by the students are confirmed by the partner university.
If less than 15 ECTS per semester have been completed during the studies abroad, it will be examined after a statement whether the grant has to be repaid.
2b) Learning Agreement, Table B
- With their signature, the University of Siegen confirms to recognise the Study Programme listed in Table A at the partner university for the module elements listed in Table B at the University of Siegen.
Changes must be documented and signed in Table B2 within one month of the start of the studies abroad.
2b) Recognition certificate
- The students submit the Learning Agreement and the Transcript of Records to the Examination Office.
- In the Recognition certificate, the courses recognised are confirmed by the University of Siegen. The Recognition certificate is provided, for example, with a Leistungsübersicht from unisono.
Regarding complaints about the recognition, students contact the Department International Student Affairs. If the recognition, as agreed in the Learning Agreement, is refused, a review of the decision may be requested at the Rectorate, which, if necessary, makes a recommendation to the relevant examination board. There is also the possibility of formal appeal procedures.
- All students must be regularly enrolled at the University of Siegen during their studies abroad. The Studienbescheinigung can be created in unisono in the "My studies" section under "Student Service" and "Reports".
- After receiving the certificate of enrolment from the partner university, a semester of leave can be applied for at the International Registrar's Office.
3) Travel Report
- All students write a travel report, possibly with photos and, if desired, anonymously.
- The travel reports are made available to interested students on the portal of stay opportunities.
4) Grant Agreement
- All students receive the Grant Agreement by e-mail and print it out.
- They check their personal data and carefully note the agreed conditions.
- The signed original document is sent by post to the Department International Student Affairs.
4) Participant Report
- All students receive the link by e-mail.
- The survey is filled out carefully and responsibly.