The first step is to find a supervising professor by sending your CV and a research proposal to either Dr. Josephine Krüger or your particular professor. If you contact Dr. Krüger, she can help you find a supervisor by contacting the specific department. Yet, doing some preliminary research on which professor might be most suitable for your intended Ph.D. project and then contacting them personally is a more promising strategy and the one which we highly recommend.
Once you have managed to find a supervising professor for your PhD project, you are asked to submit the following documents to Dr. Josephine Krüger:
- Supervisor agreement
- Application form for Ph.D. students (to be obtained from our office)
- Proposal of intended Ph.D. project (2-5 pages)
- For German-language dissertation: German language certificate (e. g. DaF, DSH),
For English-language dissertation: English language certificate (e. g. TOEFL)
- Certified copy of university degree that provides qualification for beginning doctoral thesis
- Certified copies of all other university degrees (e. g. undergraduate degree)
- For transferring from some other university during doctoral studies: statement of former university that there is no record of failed PhD attempts
- 1 certified copy of high school graduation certificate
Important: All documents must be sent as one pdf-file to the following e-mail address: ProKo@bak.uni-siegen.de. In addition, the same documents must be sent via mail to
University of Siegen
Faculty II: School of Education, Architecture, and the Arts
Dr. Josephine Krüger /Katrin Hoffrichter
Your request can only be dealt with once we have received both your scanned and mailed documents.
Please note: Your Ph.D. application and your registration as a Ph.D. student at the student service center are two different processes. For enrollment, please find the information pertaining to all necessary documents, opening hours, and contact person here.